Recently, all the Happy House staff participated in our annual In Safe Hands-Child Protection training. This course assists early year’s educators, organisations and individuals to comply with their legislative requirements under the National Quality Framework and meet duty of care obligations regarding Child Protection.
It is designed to be used for induction of new staff, and as a foundation or refresher course for those who have not completed recent Child Protection training. The key learning outcomes include:
- Understanding and defining child protection;
- Defining and understanding abuse indicators;
- Laws in your State / Territory, including civil duty of care;
- How to respond to disclosures; and
- Documenting and reporting.
In Safe Hands also offers an online course for parents and families. This course is designed to assist parents, families and carers with strategies to help keep our children safe.
Please, if you are interested in participating or would like some more information, Miss Annette or Miss Jodie are able to provide you with an information/application form.