Family and Child Connect

Screenshot 2019-09-05 06.29.38.png

Support when you need it

For families who have the need of support but are unsure of where to turn to find it, there is a central contact point that will give directions to resources or organisations. It is called Family and Child Connect. It is an organization that assists families and children in the community who need support and link them with the organization or a person that can best help them. The link is below. We all need help at some time, and we all struggle with where we can find it. Family and Child Connect are the people who can get you started on the right path.

These are some of the situations they provide support for, straight off their website! 

Family and Child Connect can help with a range of family and parenting challenges. We’ll talk with you about your situation and work out the type of support you might find helpful.

We can connect you to local services that can help with:

  • managing your child’s behaviour (e.g. skipping school, running away from home, homework, tantrums)

  • building better family relationships

  • stopping any violence at home

  • budgeting and managing money

  • alcohol, drug or gambling problems

  • housing, health care or access to other community or government services.

You can use this service as often as you need. There is no limit and no cost.

Every family is different so when you speak with us you will get advice and support specific to your situation. 

What happens when I call?

When you contact Family and Child Connect, you’ll speak with an experienced family support worker who will listen to your concerns and undertake a full assessment of your family’s situation.

We may be able to help you in just one phone call – either by providing advice or referring you to a support service – or we might arrange to visit you at home or a safe place to talk. You can also work with a domestic violence support worker.

In some areas, there are family support services run by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations. Most family support services can offer families the choice of working with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander family support worker.